Thursday, December 6, 2007

Male or Female?? Which do you prefer??

Guys and girls, ever thought of this question before?? I was sitting at my desk wayyyy over working hour....and suddenly this question popped up in my head as my eyes wandered towards my female boss who was sitting comfortably in her throne, naggin at my colleagues....*grit teeth*.......


I have my fair share of both female and male bosses and i notice the difference between the two. Am not trying to be sexist over here!! So don't shoot me!! am female phoo......*puppy dog eyes*


In my experience.....


Male Bosses

1) Talk to give information or report.

2) Tend to focus on reason and logic.

3) Tend not to be bias

4) Thrive to compete and achieve

5) Tend to be not to be influenced by emotions

6) Tend to be more understanding and forgiving


Female Bosses

1) Talk to collect information and gain rapport.

2) Tend to focus on emotions and reasons of course...but reasons are usually overshadowed by emotions.

3) Tend to have "apple of the eye" or preferences

4) Focus on senses, feeling and meaning

5) Tend to develop psychosomatic symptoms to a greater extent

6) Tend to enjoy nagging and if she doesnt like you, you're bloody dead!!


No matter where or how you take the debate to, the main point is that there is not much use comparing a female boss or a male boss solely on gender. Though i noticed some insignificant differences between the two......


Based on a survey done by "Happy Worker Website" :


Male vs. Female Bosses


He-Managers are favoured over She-Bosses:


- 37% prefer having a male boss

- 19% prefer having a female boss

- 43% say it wouldn't make a difference


Either way, there's also signs that the glass ceiling continues to crack... younger workers are almost evenly divided; for workers aged 18 and 34, 31% say they prefer a male boss, and 29% say they prefer a female boss.


So what do you think?? Which do you prefer??

5 comments:

Jacky Chin said...

Hehe, I prefer not to have any bosses, or maybe to become the boss...(^_^)"

Miss Piggy Lass said...

Jacky : Hehe so do I!! unfortunately me poor!! haha

Fighter Jet said...

ditto Jacky!
why have any boss at all :(
but since its anecessary evil..a female boss with all the characteristics of male boss will siffice :)

Miss Piggy Lass said...

fighter jet : haha true true!! Maybe a lady dress as a guy would do? hahaha

Anonymous said...

complexity newborn mantra bridging spearheading sewers fuseaction deductible suites countries evolves
servimundos melifermuly