Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Am Not A Piece of Meat!!

I have been depressed lately.........when i should be feeling happy and excited about the news but now am not.

Leave me alone!! Let me think about it as I am feeling confused right now and I need some time to decide!! Stop pulling me on each arm and maul me as if am a piece of raw meat.......

Everyone jumps at the chance of a promotion. I was excited about it but not anymore. My supposedly "good news" has turned into nightmare as I can't even do my current job right. People has been harassing me with phone calls constantly, regarding my "promotion".

I have been told why I shouldnt be transfered by one and another will be telling why I should take up the opportunity. Two bosses, draggin me around like a piece of raw meat. My phone rings non-stop at all hours, even when I am having my day off. Why can't people just let me be and let me decide? Even my colleagues have started sticking their noses into my business and tell me why I shouldnt go.....

One saying because I am new (merely 3 months old) and it's not fair on the older and senior employees who has never gotten a chance for a transfer though they have been working there for years. Second one said it's not fair to the new boss (who is transferring over soon and her good friend) that my current boss is trying to bring me with her, to another department because if I leave our department will be short of staff. And the third tries to warn me about the dangers of my supposedly soon to be new position and all the bosses there who are, she calls it "foxes". I don't know if it's out of jealousy or out of pure concern. Saying negative things to brain wash me so I would not leave.

God!! Am so confused right now, should I leave or should i stay? I feel so bad bout leaving but yet am excited bout leaving. Why is that? Grrr.........

2 comments:

Fighter Jet said...

Humm..so you are wanted by one and all :)

great !

Miss Piggy Lass said...

Well, I don't know if I should take up the challenge. I guess I am just inexperienced in many ways as this is my first job. And it was kind of out of the blue thingy. Where my current boss just talked to me about it and the next thing I know, she asked me to transfer. On the other hand, there is a another lady who is going to take over my current department. She's nice and she wants me to stay. Also the friends I have made here. Honestly, It's hard to leave....part of it coz of friends? part of it coz I thought there are still so many things I have to learn here though the pay is crap. But I feel foolish not to take up the challenge.