Saturday, March 15, 2008

Baby, Will You Marry.......Oh, Nevermind!!


Haha I was reading this article during my lunch break at the office today and I find it funny but odd.....and cute at the same time......

Baby, will you Marry.......Oh, nevermind!!

LONDON (Reuters) - It is the one moment every man wants to get right -- and which London floor-fitter Lefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong.

The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving his sweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal have literally vanished into thin air.

Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a $12,000 engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.
But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring -- and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend -- sailing away over the rooftops.


"I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I just watched as it went further and further into the air.

"I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and I knew my girlfriend would kill me."

Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.

"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.

"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

He is hoping the ring will still turn up.

"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added.


Awww.....poor guy!! I thought that was very thoughtful of him!! And sweet!! But he was just luckless.....too bad. It's silly that the gf actually refused to talk to him after the incident tho. I mean, what did he do wrong? He was trying to be romantic and she should be happy to have such a nice man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh, sounds like she's only after him for his money lol! XD

Little Miss Curious said...

Gold digger! That was such a sweet and romantic proposal. Somethings are meant to happen - I hope he realises what a scumbag she is! Talk about being a B***h.

Eryn said...

Wow. What a waste. It will be a sweet proposal though. But popping a balloon will be noisy and the ring will drop & calar oh...

LOL... poor thing...

Miss Piggy Lass said...

Hikari : Haha Yeah, that's what I think as well.....I mean if she really loves him, why would she get annoyed just coz of that....that was so sweet

Anita : Haha...I hope he realises too.....she doesnt deserve him.....But maybe that was a sign from God ahaha

Eryn : Hahaha....Well I thought that was very creative but he should have chosen a less windy day haha

Ken said...

yeh that girl is just an unappreciative b****

Excuse my language.

Women of today. I dont know

Love x