Friday, March 14, 2008

Petty??!! Excuse me??!!

Grrr.....!! Am so annoyed so early in the morning, after I check my mailbox at the office today!! Awhile back, I was on medical leave. I had serious chest pains so I thought it was best for me to take a day off and pay the doctor a visit.

So I texted my team leader and took an emergency leave and later that day, I went to see the doctor (one of company's panel doctors). At the clinic I flashed my Genting Group employee card, only to be told I needed to complete a form before I could proceed with free medical consultation. In which of course, I was totally surprised as I wasn't told I needed to complete a form, which has to be taken from company's HR. So I was told I needed to pay.

Because was feeling very unwell, I had no choice so I paid and oen of the nurses told me I could claim the amount of money being paid from my company's HR afterwards. I just need to keep the receipt and that was what I did!!

The next day I submitted my medical certificate and got it signed by my superior and went ahead and claim the amount of money paid previously at the clinic to HR.

And!! 2 weeks later........I got this email

Dear Rebecca,

Greetings! Regarding the claim of RM40 for your medical claim, kindly be informed that HRD will not issue the petty cash for you as the clinic is one of our panel, if Genting Group employees visit the clinic, clinic is not required to collect money from the employees and the employees should flash their tag upon visit. As a conclusion, HRD will not issue the payment to you. Sorry for the inconveniences caused. Thank you and good day.

Regards,
KChei


Excuse me??!! Petty??!! I didn't know anything to do with health is considered of secondary importance!! And what's the purpose of medical benefits then??!! When I don't even have the right to fight for my rights as an employee!!

4 comments:

Little Miss Curious said...

Pretty silly to me. They should foresee such situations before writing their policies. I mean really, if an employee is unwell does he/she have the time or the energy to go back to the office just to get a silly form before visiting the clinic?

Miss Piggy Lass said...

Yes exactly!! that's what i think as well really. To be honest with you, am not annoyed coz of the amount of money (RM40). Am just annoyed at the email and especially with the word "petty". It is not of petty importance when it is something that has to do with my health!! How can anyone say that to me? What's my rights then as an employee and why all the medical benefits for? sigh....

Nicholas said...

OMG becky you're so funny...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petty_cash

"Petty Cash" is simply a term used to refrence discretionary funds for expenditures where it is not practical to make the disbursement by check.

The guy is simply saying that they won't pay, he isn't calling your claim petty.

Miss Piggy Lass said...

nicholas : I know the meaning petty tho and I know what petty cash means hehe....but she has an attitude and she just refuse me coz she thinks its unfair for me to claim....which isnt coz its what stated in our health benefits...as long as its not more than 40, u can claim....that's why but maybe I over-reacted abit...